Chicken, Rice, and Veggie Bowel with Creamy Peanut Sauce
1 cup of brown rice
1 and ¾ of water or vegetable broth
½ teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of olive oil
4 cup of vegetable (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, red cabbage)
I tablespoon of Oil
1 whole chicken breast
Creamy Peanut sauce:
½ c of raw organic peanuts
¼ of organic plain peanut butter
1/3 c of water
1/3 c of coconut milk
1 clove of garlic
1 teaspoon of raw honey
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
1 teaspoon of tahini
1 tablespoon of good soy sauce (Oshawa Raw Soy Sauce)
Juice from one small lemon
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Place rice, water/broth, salt and oil in a pot. Bring the rice to boil, reduce the heat, and cover the pot. Let the rice cook for about 45 minutes, or until it becomes soft, and all of the water has been absorbed.
2. While the rice is cooking, steam vegetable in a steamer or on the stove. You can use frozen veggies as well, but they won’t look as pretty and tasty as raw veggies. However, the nutritional value remains the same
3. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and little bit of paprika. Brown the chicken on both sides, put it in the oven heated at 350 F, for 15 min.
4. To make peanut sauce, put all ingredients in the blender mix until smooth.
5. Place ½ c of cooked rice in bowel; cover it with 1 c of steam veggies and few pieces of chicken. Drizzle it with creamy peanut dressing, and ENJOY!